[cisco-voip] CUCM 8.6.2 voice media streaming service issues with hold/transfers?

Wesley Schochet Wesley.Schochet at childrensmn.org
Mon May 14 14:59:43 EDT 2012

This really killed me for a couple of weeks.  Here's what I figured out:

1. Particularly for IP trunks, you need to make sure you have the require MTP box checked on the trunk.
2. There were no errors in the log.  It was never even trying to assign the resources until I checked the box.
3.  Because of this, you end up using a lot of MTP resources.  I had a very small office on a dedicated server and still had to add MTP resources in the gateway.
Good Luck - let us know what the issue was!

>>> On 5/4/2012 at 11:28 AM, "Erick B." <erickbee at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Is anyone else seeing problems with CUCM 8.6.2a (base, not SU1 yet)
where calls start to disconnect that involve transfers, putting calls
on hold, etc?  Restarting the IP VOICE MEDIA STREAMING service
corrects it for a few days then it happens again. I've looked over the
bug tool kit, hot RSS feeds, and SU1 release notes and not finding
anything that stands out. This involves external calls that come in
MGCP PRIs.

Working on planning update to SU1 but just curious if others have ran
into this issue or not....

Thanks,
Erick

Confidentiality Statement:
This email/fax, including attachments, may include confidential
and/or proprietary information and may be used only by the
person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of
this email/fax is not the intended recipient or his or her
agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this email/fax is prohibited. If you
have received this email/fax in error, please notify the sender
by replying to this message and deleting this email or
destroying this facsimile immediately.