[cisco-voip] RTMTSessionsExceedsThreshold CUCM 8.6.2.22028

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Thu May 24 12:08:36 EDT 2012

I believe this is an attempt to mitigate several recent leaks associated with RTMT and Tomcat. If the leaks continue they slow Tomcat to a crawl and eventually take it down. Tomcat consumes all avialable memory on marginal platforms and begins impacting call processing:

This is the effect of:
CSCtj50884    Tomcat - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError due to large number of RTMT requests

which has affected *many* installations.

Regards,
Wes