[cisco-voip] Shared lines on UCCX 8.x

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Wed May 30 17:36:50 EDT 2012

unfortunately it depends.

Inside the ccm database, and inside ccm process for purposes of forwarding intercepts, having the line on a real device and a device profile makes it a shared line.  Even having the line on 3 logged out device profiles makes it a shared line.

However, that does not always generate a problem for CTI devices. The problem comes when applications make calls through the CTI interfaces to get a list of devices associated with a line OR asks multiple devices what lines they have and get back pointers to the same line. These primarily happen when two devices that have the shared line are registered. This is what causes CTI to return an array of devices.

Inside ccm any time two devices have the same line is a shared line.

For purposes of CTI it primarily becomes a problem when two devices that share a line ARE CONCURRENTLY REGISTERED.  Unfortunately unregistering one device after provider open does not solve the issue. There is insufficient change notification to jtapi and TSP to allow the application to recognize a change in the device list.  the provider must close and reopen devices and lines to see the 2nd device has been removed.

/wes