[cisco-voip] SMS/text to 7965 and show up in my email (Connection 8.6)

Travis L. Dennis tdennis at DataSourcePro.com
Thu May 31 17:56:10 EDT 2012

Many cell carriers will let you text to a land line for an additional fee
(around 25 cents per text usually).Once you answer a robo-voice reads the
text.   I guess you could do that to the DID and then have Unity Connection
SpeechView transcribe the message and then you get the text wording  into
email that way.  You might miss some of the message though.  Some services
will start the robo-voice reading the message as soon as you go off hook,
some start the robo-voice after a few seconds.  some make you press 1 (or
whatever) to hear the message and I am sure there are variations.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps6509/ps10
671/solution_overview_c22-620133.html

Regards,

Travis L. Dennis