[cisco-voip] SIP NAT in CUBE with media flow-around?

Roger Wiklund roger.wiklund at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 10:07:32 EST 2012

Thanks!

Yepp exactly what I'm seeing.

I have a very specific case where the CUBE is both SBC and default
gatway/NAT for clients. On top of that I'm using media flow-around.
When the CUBE sends the SDP info to the ITSP it contains the private IP of
the phone. I was thinking that SIP-NAT would still look at the SIP/SDP and
NAT any private to public IPs.

I solved it by doing sip manipulation like this:

voice class sip-profiles 10
 request ANY sdp-header Audio-Connection-Info modify "192.168.100.*"
"xx.xx.xx.xx"
As NAT is already active for the OTHER direction, I.E. from phone to ITSP,
it uses that for traffic from ITSP to Phone.

The reason I'm using flow-around is because I have 2 mobile phones as
RDP/RD with an extension number. If these call each other directly, with
flow-through the media has go to all the way to the CUBE and back, cause
delays and quality problems.

With flow-around the media is only in the carriers network/gateways.