[cisco-voip] TAPI Client 64bits version for Call Manager 8.5

Buchanan, James jbuchanan at presidio.com
Thu Nov 8 09:54:38 EST 2012

It won't be too bad. You would need to request a window of time in which you make no changes. Then, you would apply the service release first to the Publisher. This would be installed in the Inactive partition, meaning you have no outage. Then, you would do the same on the Subscribers. These installs could happen even during the day. During your maintenance window, you would make the inactive version active by doing the Switch Versions procedure. I like to do this from the CLI because I can see what is happening when. This is when the servers reboot.

The part to be cautious of is this: when you switch versions and the new version becomes active, the phones will likely get updated firmware. This will be a complete outage of the handsets until their firmware is downloaded and applied. There is a way to avoid this part if you must. You can find the current version of firmware running then can hardcode the phones to that version using Bulk Update of the Phones. This can save you a lot of time.

James Buchanan | Sr. Network Engineer
Presidio | www.presidio.com
12 Cadillac Drive Suite 130, Brentwood, TN 37027
D: 615.866.5729 | C: 931.797.2326 | F: 615.866.5781 | jbuchanan at presidio.com

PRESIDIO