[cisco-voip] CTI architectural Change? 8.x

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 13:28:43 EST 2012

When I was at Cisco Live this year, unfortunately I didn't spend much time
with UC stuff so I'm guessing I missed it.

Was there an architectural change in 8.x with CTI integration where cisco
moved away from associated phone and moved to using EM profiles?

I stumbled across this with a Bug in CCx (CSCtx48427) where that was the
work around.

We were greatly concerned about a problem we are having with recording
users, were we only need about 200 users to have recording capability but
they want to use any phone.  So we though we were going to have to
associate over 1600 phones and were concerned about taxing the CM in the
process.

All testing so far shows that just using the EM Profile works.  This would
decrease the Load on our CM cluster and stream line the setup process
significantly.

This this a Real change I can bank on moving forward?

TIA

Scott