[cisco-voip] Intermittent Audio delay between a Mitel 3300 / Cisco CUBE

Nathan Reeves nathan.a.reeves at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 08:50:48 EDT 2012

Throwing this out in hopes that someone's seen something similar.

We have a SIP trunk coming into a CUBE which is then passing calls onto a
Mitel 3300 via SIP.  What we're seeing intermittently is delayed audio when
the inbound calls to the Mitel are answered.  Doesn't happen on every call
but the call will connect once the mitel handset goes off hook, but audio
doesn't kick in for up to 6 seconds.  In other calls using the same
external endpoint calling in, the audio is immediately connected.

I've primarily only had access to the Cisco CUBE so far, debugs on the
Mitel will be generated by another company which I'll look over once
received. Anyone seen this kind of issue in the field?

Thanks

Nathan