[cisco-voip] SIP to PRI failover on local route groups

Ryan Ratliff (rratliff) rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Oct 4 10:17:23 EDT 2012

You'll want to look at ccm traces and determine what q.850 cause cucm converts that 503 to and set up the "stop hunting on...“ service parameter appropriately. I'm not sure offhand what that one will be.

"Louis Koekemoer (ZA)" <louis.koekemoer at dimensiondata.com> wrote:

I’m making use of local route groups. I have 4 PRI’s with MGCP configuration to the PSTN. We also have a LCR via a SIP trunk to the CUCM. As I’m using local route groups, My route group contain Tom down the Sip trunk and then the 4 PRI’s. When the Sip trunk fails, I get a SIP response 503 "Service Unavailable." This logically sounds good, but my calls do not failover to the PRI’s.

I’m guessing that the CUCM is expecting a different reponse. Any suggestions?

Regards

Louis Koekemoer
Principal Systems Engineer: Converged Communications
Dimension Data
Tel: +27 (11) 575 6560
Mobile: +27 (71) 680 8790
Fax: +27 (11) 576 6560