[cisco-voip] SIP ATA187 modem passthrough

abbas Wali abbaseo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 13:38:26 EDT 2012

Hi all,

     ATA187 SIP based do not support Modem pass through. (cisco confirmed).
we have some modems on sites and I have now ordered the IOS based VG202. I
might need to configure them for modem pass through, but I believe I also
needs to check on our MGCP gateways if they allow modem passthroughs or
not??--  below is the config I got from the Gateway as

*hq-mgcp01#show run | in modem
mgcp modem passthrough voip mode nse

hq-mgcp01#show mgcp | in modem
MGCP voip modem passthrough mode: NSE, codec: g711ulaw, redundancy:
DISABLED,
MGCP voaal2 modem passthrough disabled
MGCP voip modem relay: Disabled*

thanks in advance