[cisco-voip] Cisco 7912 phone registration issue

Nate VanMaren VanMarenNP at ldschurch.org
Mon Oct 15 18:29:48 EDT 2012

Faye,

I feel reluctant to share this, because it took me so very much time to figure it out.  TAC was not very helpful, and there are some guides on the internet that are not very good.

But since I am a really nice guy and hopefully it will be paid forward:

The best #1 way to fix this!  (assuming you have auto-registration enabled)
In you device defaults for the SIP 7912 change it to the same exact firmware that you have as the default for your SCCP 7912.  If you're like normal people you'll never want a SIP 7912 to this will not be a problem.

[cid:image001.png at 01CDAAF2.4B1C5D10]

Then delete all of the SIP 7912 devices, and keep deleting them until they don't pop up.

Thanks
-Nate