[cisco-voip] vs PRI and multicasting

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Sat Oct 27 19:06:28 EDT 2012

Mediaforking is supported in 15.2(1)

Media Forking

A major new feature in this release is media forking, which provides network-based duplication of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) media and signaling packets for real-time recording of voice conversations. Media forking allow customers greater choice when it comes to recording architectures for compliance needs. Customers will now be able to move the role of packet duplication for media calls from a dedicated appliance or a port span solution into a "smart recording" solution where the network is aware of which calls to fork.