[cisco-voip] CUBE: Rewriting a response from provider and sending it back to CUCM as a 503?

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 15:04:31 EDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Ryan Ratliff <rratliff at cisco.com> wrote:
>> On the CUBE side you just  need to send a disconnect cause that will trigger
>> CUCM to continue hunting.
>
> Great! That's exactly what I needed.
>
> How? :)
>
> CUBE is still all voodoo to me right now; I can see from the examples
> in the docs how you can add / modify information, but not how you
> change a 404 to a 603...

No more voodoo...

voice class sip-profiles 100
 response 404 sip-header Reason add "Reason: Q.850;cause=21"

voice service voip
sip
sip-profiles 100

Seems to work. The "light" plan at bandwidth.com has Cuba blocked, and
what we normally get back from them is:

So by adding the cause=21 ("Call rejected") from

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/voice_troubleshooting/old/vts_appa.html

it falls through to our PRIs (without needing to change service
parameters on CUCM)