[cisco-voip] Firmware report

Kevin Damisch kevin.damisch at vitalsite.com
Fri Sep 21 09:11:11 EDT 2012

James,

I’ve used CIPIT (Cisco IP Phone Inventory Tool) at http://sourceforge.net/projects/cipinventory/. It is a Perl script where you specify which IP(s)/subnets you want to scan.  As Ed mentioned, it will http into each phone’s web page and parse out the info you want such as MAC, model, firmware, etc, and shows what is actually running on the phone, not necessarily what is configured in CUCM.  If I remember correctly, I believe it puts it into a CSV file that you can pretty up in Excel.  There are others out there on the web (serialgrabber maybe?).  Also, since these types of tools http into the phones, this means that you will need to have http enabled on the phones’ device pages.

Kevin