[cisco-voip] CUE 8.6

Jason Aarons (AM) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Thu Apr 4 11:54:58 EDT 2013

Unity Express 8.6.6

license active ports 16
wr mem
reload

If you only have 2 ports licenses (licensing screwed up and I didn't notice it when I installed the .lic file) shouldn't the above return an error?  Eg (you don't have 14 port licenses and not proceed or just install the 2 you do have?)

It doesn't, and it won't active 2 licenses.  It reboots just fine but nothing happens..  I just spent 5 minutes trying to persuade the TAC engineer that this is a bug.  She said it's not, I told her to point out where it's documented?  I think she just wants to leave it busted so she keeps getting phone calls on licensing related problems, call it job security.

TAC Case 625449805