[cisco-voip] Cisco Voice over ADSL

Travis L. Dennis tdennis at DataSourcePro.com
Thu Apr 4 12:13:42 EDT 2013

With no QoS  (as a general rule) available for public Internet the 2 things
I have done with VoIP over ADSL was:

1) Stay on the same provider end to end if possible.  I have had fantastic
results running over the Public Internet when I stayed on a single providers
network at all locations.  Even got good results running over different
providers but can be hit or miss.

2) Take into consideration that downstream is going to have less bandwidth
than upstream and configure your QoS accordingly.

Hope that helps and was what you were talking about.

Anyone else?