[cisco-voip] high I/O Wait on one core

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Fri Apr 5 12:08:31 EDT 2013

cmoninit is one of the informix database processes. There are are several processes that each do different roles. it's not simple to identify the exact role of a specific oninit process.

<quote>
Looks like each of the oninit processes implements a different (or parallel or redundant) part of the overall database server:

-bash-3.2$ onstat -g sch

IBM Informix Dynamic Server Version 11.50.UC8X6   -- On-Line -- Up 3 days 16:22:33 -- 230984 Kbytes

VP Scheduler Statistics:
vp    pid       class       semops    busy waits  spins/wait
1     24024     cpu         15202292  0           15205721
2     24066     adm         0         0           0
3     24067     LIC         18        0           18
4     24068     DBFNC       1         0           1
5     24069     lio         136050    0           0
6     24070     pio         1287      0           0
7     24071     aio         903428    0           0

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/idshelp/v117/index.jsp
</quote>

Generally, yes, you're looking at something in the database generating lots of churn. THis could be CDRs, it could be CAR, it could also be AXL or high rate of change notifications.

Looks like you would benefit from something like this:
CLI show tech activesql

from:
CSCsz67357    Need an Informix profiler built into CLI

Regards,
Wes