[cisco-voip] How can I check to see if a PC is connected to 7900 series phone?

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Mon Apr 8 14:16:47 EDT 2013

If you have web server enabled on the phone (ccmadmin device specific configuration) then you can point a web browser to the phone's IP and see the status of each of the network ports.

I *think* there are XML pages from most of the phones, such as DeviceInformationX, to get this in a packaged data format for reporting.

If you're not comfortable with scripting then I bet some partners on this list have packaged tools for this. I'm not going to endorse any specific one but I know folks from UnifiedFX hang out here occasionally and certainly leverage http access to the phones for other purposes…

-wes