[cisco-voip] quick question about sip and CUBE

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 10:28:07 EDT 2013

I've seen this configuration before - sometimes certain call flows require
MTP for devices/integrations on the CUCM side.  You don't have to set up
multiple listening ports on CUBE, as it's indifferent. On CUCM the two
trunks have different source ports. If it's outbound from CUCM only that
matters, no CUBE changes are required. If you need inbound calls to have
MTP only for certain calls changing the port is the best way.

I believe with SIP trunks CUCM will not allow two trunks to the same
address with the same source port, but it will allow you with H.323
gateways. However, the choice of which of those gateways is basically
random and you may think there are two but it's only using one, but that's
a H.323 caveat.

-nick