[cisco-voip] SIP CUBE config

Zoltan.Kelemen at Emerson.com Zoltan.Kelemen at Emerson.com
Wed Apr 10 10:04:03 EDT 2013

Changing SIP headers would require a SIP-aware NAT-ing firewall/gateway, as you can't just inject an arbitrary public IP in the SIP headers from source as far as I know.

If you put the router on the public internet make sure you firewall it properly (or at least have ACLs on it) so that it would only accept H.323 and SIP from well known sources or you may end up with an uncomfortably large phone bill all of a sudden. IOS 15 has some improvements in this regard, but still, better safe than sorry.

Cheers,

Zoltan Kelemen
ETS & Information Security
Implementation Engineering
w: +40 374 132356 | m: +40 757 039093

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 3:12 PM
To: Cisco VoIP List
Subject: [cisco-voip] SIP CUBE config

I have a customer who has a cisco 2811 as an ISDN30 gateway, but now wants to setup a sip trunk to a provider in the interweb.
The trunk provider requires an external ip address in the header.
My questions are
how hard is it to change the various headers?
would it be easier to re configure the router to have an internet routeable address?

TIA

--
Regards

Andy