[cisco-voip] How to trace failed calls on the CUCM?

Zoltan.Kelemen at Emerson.com Zoltan.Kelemen at Emerson.com
Tue Apr 16 03:09:48 EDT 2013

Well, I’m experimenting with some LCR (TEHO) here, so the number should not be on the cluster as such, although there is a translation pattern in a partition reachable by the SIP trunk’s CSS.
Also, Dialed number Analyzer tells me this should work in theory. Called number is routed as expected.

The CUBE can reach the cluster, calls going to phones registered to the cluster work fine.

Thanks for the tip though, I’ll up the detail level for the traces and see what turns up.

Regards,

Zoltan Kelemen
ETS & Information Security
Implementation Engineering
w: +40 374 132356 | m: +40 757 039093

From: Rhodium [mailto:rhodium_uk at yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 9:59 PM
To: Heim, Dennis; Kelemen, Zoltan [CORP/RO]; cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] How to trace failed calls on the CUCM?

A 404 from the cluster would normally indicate that the number is not found within the CUCM cluster itself.

Enable Detailed level tracing for CCM on all concerned servers and initiate a few test calls until you get the issue. Then stop the tracing and collect the files via RTMT. This may be service impacting depending on the volume of calls and end points on the respective servers.

I can't recall off the top of my head whether an unregistered IP phone would also give a 404 error message if there is no call forward unregister number to redirect it to voicemail but that might be worth checking.

Have a look at the traces and let us know if you require any help deciphering it.