[cisco-voip] HP Jet Direct on back of Cisco 79xx phone

Jason Aarons (AM) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Mon Apr 22 16:04:24 EDT 2013

I remember for years we always had problems when a HP Jet Direct printer was plugged into the back of Cisco 79xx phone.  The printer couldn't print.  Since then we've always recommended they plug printers directly into the Catalyst switch as best practice.

Was there ever a bug identified about why it didn't work?  Was it a phone issue or HP issue?

Customer has a need to plug a printer into a phone and I've suggested it's not best practice referencing the days of HP Jet Direct problems.