[cisco-voip] Phones not registering with 2960S switch.

Madziarczyk, Jonathan jmad at cityofevanston.org
Mon Apr 22 16:13:13 EDT 2013

Why are you trying to make your access vlan the same as your voice vlan?

A)     It probably goes against best practice for segregating voice
traffic from PC traffic

B)      The link between your phone and switch is a dot1q trunk so it
sounds like you're trying to run vlan 205 native and run vlan 205
encapsulated (from your e-mail):

*         Administrative private-vlan trunk Native VLAN tagging: enabled

*         Administrative private-vlan trunk encapsulation: dot1q

*         Administrative private-vlan trunk normal VLANs: none

If you really must run both access and voice traffic on the same VLAN,
try taking out the "switchport voice vlan 205" statement and just keep
"switchport access vlan 205".  That may do what you are trying to
accomplish.