[cisco-voip] Upgrade Analysis for CUCM 8.5(1) to 8.6(2a), 9.0(1), or 9.1(1a)

Erick B. erickbee at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 15:52:51 EDT 2013

I've done a upgrade from 8.5.1 to 9.1.1a with no issues. Licensing is
different as you know, but basically installed the refresh_upgrade cop file
then did the 9.1.1 upgrade file and booted on new version and went fine.
VM's are on UCS B as well. Separate ELM server.  Upgrade from 8.5.1 to
9.1.1 did not take much longer than a normal 8.5 SU took. For our setup,
that is about 1.5 hr to 2 hrs for publisher install and 1 hour for each
subscriber. The switch version for each server took 20-30 minutes to
complete per server.