[cisco-voip] VG350 Gateway ... anyone deployed this yet?

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri Apr 26 12:04:10 EDT 2013

Just to follow up on this, even using list pricing, you're right, unless you're buying the 144 FXS bundle, the VG224 4pack is still cheaper. And even when you compare when it's fully populated, it's only a bit cheaper. The SmartNet option looks like a wash to me.

So really, in my case, cause they're separated over two closets the VG224s make sense.

The VG350 does have more options, like OPX-lite on some ports, red phone compatibility, filtering, etc., but I can't justify the cost at this time. And I can almost buy a new gigabit switch for the extra uplinks I need. ;)

YMMV,

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Data Centre and Communications Facilities
University of Guelph

519‐824‐4120 Ext 56354
lelio at uoguelph.ca
www.uoguelph.ca/ccs