[cisco-voip] Migrating from CUCM 7.1.3 to CUCM 8.6.2

Ryan Ratliff (rratliff) rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Aug 15 21:39:17 EDT 2013

+1

Jump to 9.1(2) is where you want to be.

-Ryan

On Aug 15, 2013, at 5:11 PM, Stephen Welsh <stephen.welsh at unifiedfx.com<mailto:stephen.welsh at unifiedfx.com>> wrote:

Hi Fred,

Although you mention 8.6.2, Cisco have a big promotion called "Drive to 9” that you should take a close look at (if not already), in particular they have numerous upgrade options in particular some direct methods (jump) and tools that can simplify the whole experience.

Have a look at the community page:

https://communities.cisco.com/community/technology/collaboration/uc/migration

The following video gives you a good overview CUCM upgrade procedures:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djwErds_FDE

Also,
Cisco’s own Akhil Behl (author of "Securing Cisco IP Telephony”) and myself are hosting a series of webinars on Endpoint Security and Compliance. We shall be sharing some information that will relate to your upgrade, so if you have the time register for the session(s), details below.

Thanks

Stephen Welsh

<image001.png>
Enroll for Unified FX’s FREE Educational seminars on The Essentials of Endpoint Security & Compliance
• Session 1: The Impact of Security by Default (5th Sept)
• Session 2: Understanding and Managing ITL & CTL Files (12th Sept)
• Session 3: Leading Practices for Endpoint Security & Compliance (19th Sept)
Spaces are limited and we anticipate high demand, so please register early:
http://events.unifiedfx.com<http://unifiedfx.createsend1.com/t/r-i-bhljyut-l-o/>