[cisco-voip] ATA-187 and Ground?

Jason Aarons (AM) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Fri Aug 23 14:34:36 EDT 2013

We have some ATAs connected to callboxes around a campus.  The ATA is in the closet and the callbox is remote on a sidewalk.

Is there some exact tools your techs have to check for ground/wiring issues at the callbox out on the sidewalk?

We've had some callboxes that go offhook, then onhook, then offhook, then onhook.  Since the ATA is setup for a CSS with PLAR it generates 3 calls to 911.  We unplugged the GAI callbox and plugged a butt set out on the side walk and the same thing happened.  I suspect the problem might be a bad ground/wiring issue but what tools can we use to prove that it's a wiring issue instead of an ATA-187 issue?