[cisco-voip] H323 Call preserve feature

gr11 grccie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 06:05:05 EST 2013

Thanks All - I had not checked call preserv was introduced in 12.4(9)T. I
have upgrade my gateway and I was conducting testing. Need some more advice.

I have enabled CUCM Service param - allow preserver and configured  call
preserve limit-media-detection under h323 on the gateway itself.

The results are:
1) Call preserve works fine, when I turn of call manager service, the call
stays connected.
2) *However once I hang up, the call still stays up on the gateway. If
someone doesnot hang up on the PSTN side the call stays there forever.
Tried leaving it there for 5-10 minutes does not clear up. I can view it by
issuing - show call active voice compact
  Anything rtp/media inactivity or any other piece of config we can add
anywhere to clear the call automatically?*

Thanks.