[cisco-voip] TLS Error on Phone after reset

Reto Gassmann voip at mrga.ch
Thu Feb 7 09:44:55 EST 2013

Hello group

we have a problem with our phones that started this afternoon. If a phone
restarts for any reason (reset oder network unplugged) it shows a TLS Error
(TLS Error: [CUCM IP]).
We can fix the problem, when we go to the device in the CUCM Administration
and choose Install/Upgrade in the CAPF Information section.
After resetting the Device the IPPhone starts and updates the  certificate.

What could cause such a behaviour and how could we fix it?

We have a CUCM 7.1(3a) and have the phones authenticated.

Thanks Reto