[cisco-voip] Multicast MOH from CM/MRGL

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Mon Feb 11 16:02:35 EST 2013

Multicast MOH streams always stream.  How far this propagates into your network depends on your multicast config but under normal circumstances I would not expect g.711 or g.729 audio streams (even 51 times however many codecs you have enabled) would stress a FastE or GigE port.  I'd guess any server with a FastE port is going to get cpu/disk bound way before the nic does serving up that much MOH.

-Ryan