[cisco-voip] UC 9 Experiences / Oddities

Dana Tong Dana_Tong at bridgepoint.com.au
Wed Feb 20 12:29:01 EST 2013

Morning (evening) all,

I was wondering what everyone thought of the new version 9 suite. What have the experiences been like?
Just some things I have noticed...

Firstly I had installed CUCM 9.1 and CUC 9.0 in my lab which was fine and then went to install CUP 9.1.
Tried to do the upgrade during install (both via local and SFTP) and CUP reports invalid upgrade file.
Installed CUP 9.0 and it would not integrate with CUCM because of a version mismatch.
I had to roll back my CUCM cluster to 9.0, integrate with CUP 9.0, then roll forward. After this CUP 9.1 installed ok.

2nd,
I changed my Enterprise URLs to be IP addresses instead of hostnames and it broke my EM and directory services.
I had to regenerate the Tomcat certs and restart the service to fix the EM login service.

3rd,
CUC 9.0 does not support E.164 MWI numbers. Does anyone know if 9.1 supports E.164 all over?
When using Calling Party Transformations, the numbers presented to CUC are the transformed number so I had to set alternate extensions for my users who have E.164 DNs.

4th,
CUCM v9.0 has case sensitive usernames for authentication (ie end user pages, presence, CTI).
Does anyone know if 9.1 is the same? Our internal system is AD integrated and for some reason the usernames have capitals and fails if I use all lowercase.
However on this LAB system which is not AD integrated it seems to ignore case in usernames (which I would prefer)

Cheers
Dana