[cisco-voip] CUCM6 MCS to 8.6 UCS bridged upgrade Question

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Jan 8 11:38:36 EST 2013

> Is it crucial that they're upgraded prior to the upgrade? Will the media resources be affected if left on the current IOS with only 6.1(3) support?

Best-case:  IOS configured for 6.x DSPfarm and works with no issues.
2nd Best-case: They don't register at all.
Worst-case:  They register, appear to work, but leak calls randomly due to version incompatibility and/or bugs.

Your customer is going to be in a pinch either way.  Hopefully they can re-examine the need for local DSP resources on all of these gateways with the upgraded UCM and find that they are no longer required for their call flow OR you/they can do some testing to confirm that they can register successfully to the newer UCM and run just fine.

-Ryan