[cisco-voip] Call not connecting, but it's connected

c3voip c3voip at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 16 09:52:55 EST 2013

Hi,

So when we try to call McAfee Gold Support line at 1-800-937-2237, our call
is immediately answered by an auto-attendant, but the PRI channel does not
show as connected, so my phone does not show that the call is connected.
This is obviously some type of toll-charge avoidance.  I have tried calling
from my cellphone and the behavior is the same.phone still displays
"calling" even though the AA is connected.

My problem is with trying to use Jabber either to control a hard phone or
using it as a soft phone, it cannot generate touch-tones to navigate the
auto-attendant. In the case of the soft phone, the keypad never becomes
available in the GUI and numbers on the keyboard do nothing.

Has anyone ever seen this and is there any way to get Jabber to work with
these calls?

Thanks,

-Chase