[cisco-voip] Newbie on Cisco Phone

Vincent Vinnie at tdnetwork.com
Thu Jan 17 23:40:45 EST 2013

Hi All,

I am specialize on routing and switching only, and newbie on cisco phone.
trying to work on my phone system but little bit confusing.  so your help is
very appreciated.

When service provider provides the voice/data line, they terminate our end
with a router(usually IAD router) is this correct?  and if i run CME 2811,
after config it, route it to IAD as its gateway, register it with IAD via
SIP or CGMP...., is this correct.  and i have about 20 users, will pvdm2-32
handle this voice service ok without hic-up.  will it take all the bandwidth
of 1.5MB as T1 since i will use it as data as well.  assume i am not
provided IAD router from ISP, can i just use the CME 2811 as router for data
and voice service at the same time? and lastly, will the AIM-CUE or NM-CUE
work for voice mail in this scenario?

I am so sorry if it's a lengthy, multiple questions.  just trying to get the
picture in my head.  again, thank you very much and appreciated your time.

.........People First..........

Best Regards,

Vincent Dao