[cisco-voip] VG224 to RightFax communication error issue

Matthew Ballard mballard at otis.edu
Fri Jan 18 16:22:41 EST 2013

Assuming that RightFax is exclusively using T.38 Standards Based (which it probably is), unless something has changed that I'm not remembering (and even then it would depend on the version), SCCP doesn't support standards based T.38.

I configured my VG224 to use MGCP with T.38 for the fax/modem ports, and SCCP for the voice ports.

The router on H.323 probably just needs to be configured to support T.38.

It would probably also work if you passed the call through the PSTN (ie used the full number with whatever you use to indicate an outside call).

Matthew Ballard
Network Manager
Otis College of Art and Design