[cisco-voip] Cisco 7921/7925 call drop outs

William willay at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 05:34:26 EST 2013

Hi list,

I'm experiencing issues with our Cisco Call Manager system (6.1.4.2190-3) -
with our wireless handsets which are a 90/10 mix of 7921 and 7925 running
1.4(3).

The issue is during a call (internal or external) we experience gaps of
silence even when the callers are stationairy in the building (there is a
few roaming blackspots within the building but locations which were
preciously fine are now having issues).

I've not done much in terms of troubleshooting phone system issues, so any
advice would be appreciated? Just to clarify we have had no changes to our
wireless controller/network in the last month however a call manager
upgrade has been completed recently (almost 2 weeks ago) but the problems
with the wireless handsets have only been reported in the last 48 hours. We
have no issues with the fixed handsets.

Where should I start looking? Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,

William