[cisco-voip] Bulk Import of Gateways - CUCM 8.6

ROZA, Ariel Ariel.ROZA at LA.LOGICALIS.COM
Tue Jan 29 11:24:31 EST 2013

Kris,

Care to share your conclusions? ☺

Regards,

A.

From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Kris Edgar
Sent: viernes, 25 de enero de 2013 06:15 p.m.
To: Wes Sisk
Cc: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Bulk Import of Gateways - CUCM 8.6

Indeed I do!! However that's the reality of financial cuts in the public sector.

All sorted now though.....don't know what I was worried about!!

Cheers

Kris

Sent from my iPad

On 25 Jan 2013, at 16:23, Wes Sisk <wsisk at cisco.com<mailto:wsisk at cisco.com>> wrote:
sounds like you need a test bed…

On Jan 17, 2013, at 9:22 AM, Kris Edgar <kris.edgar82 at gmail.com<mailto:kris.edgar82 at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Folks,

Great group going on here!!  I'm hoping someone can give me advice on the following:

We are using CUCM 8.6 and are looking to import a large number of H323 GW's, RG's, RL's etc.
I've used the Import/Export tool and selected GW's and used the "Check dependency" to capture all the other associated fields.
I now have a tar file with all the CSV's needed.  Happy so far!!
I'm not too sure if i need to keep the existing data in the CSV's, and add to it?  Or can I strip out the existing elements (keeping the headers) and just have the new file with the elements that i need to import?
I have a horrible thought that if i re-import the file without the original GW's etc, it might delete them from CM and leave me with my new GW's etc.
Paranoid.com<http://Paranoid.com>!!!
Thanks for your help on this.

Kris