[cisco-voip] Call forard release to another phone

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Wed Jan 30 17:06:44 EST 2013

>  Am I confusing you all by now?

No, but you are trying hard to :)

The behavior you are observing is correct, though the terms you are using are not.  A call leg (in CUCM-land) requires a call to be established.  When a call is forwarded no part of it is left on the forwarding phone.  What does remain is a property of that call called the original-called-number and original-redirecting-number.  CUCM will not update either of these through multiple forwards and the voicemail system will use that original number to send the call to a mailbox.

The reasoning behind our behavior is Steve goes to lunch and CFA his phone to Mary.  Joe calls Steve, Mary isn't at her desk and so he is dropped into Steve's voicemail, which makes sense since as far as he  know he called Steve, not Mary.

-Ryan