[cisco-voip] Analyzing registration failures after the fact

Daniel Clark daniel at scopsblog.com
Mon Jul 15 15:01:30 EDT 2013

Thanks for the responses guys.

I'm trying to use the SysLog Viewer in RTMT, and it keeps telling me, "File
does not exist".  Any idea what might cause that?

If I do a Collect File action, which file(s) am I pulling down exactly?

For your questions, the configuration when I inherited the system was that
all phones had the VPN profile assigned, but all except for a handful are
on the local network, and should never need to look for the VPN server
(which doesn't resolve while on-site).  I guess the thought was that users
could take them home if they ever needed to, but I'd prefer to know when
they want to do that, so I think I'll create a new Common Phone Profile and
remove that option on the HQ phones.

TFTP is turned on for the Publisher, and subscribers 2 (the one the phones
failed to register to), and 4 (which is on the DR side).  That is odd,
because I thought it was only supposed to run on the publisher, or on a
dedicated node.  As for Option 150, I'll get back to you on that.  We've
got Dell switches in most of our environment, and we had to co-exist with
the legacy system for a long time, so I think we've got some funky configs
there.  Our Call Center has the same infrastructure, though, and they came
back up normally.  They register to Subscriber 1.