[cisco-voip] TDM to IP VG's SIP, H323, MGCP

Candese Perez trigena at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 10:06:30 EDT 2013

Hello All,
I am working on a new CUCM 9.1 deployment with several branch offices using
PRI's.

Reading through the SRND and a few messages on this board, I am still not
sure which protocol to use for these gateways.

I know SIP is really prevalent now, and is much easier to troubleshoot, but
not sure if there are any issues in terms of features.

Additionally, this deployment will involve several VG 224's for fax, and
analog IVR components.

Does anyone have any suggestions either way SIP, H323, or MGCP or
particular features that work better/worse using a particular protocol?

Thanks!