[cisco-voip] TDM to IP VG's SIP, H323, MGCP

Kenneth Hayes kennethwhayes at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 15:14:14 EDT 2013

I agree. SIP between your UC apps, and gateways is what I recommend. In
some cases you might need to use SCCP protocol but for the major stuff SIP
is what I recommend.

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 26, 2013, at 9:22 AM, Eric Pedersen <PedersenE at bennettjones.com>
wrote:

  SIP works very well in CM 9.1. I don't know of any reason to use H.323
between CM and PRI gateways anymore.  MGCP still provides the simplest
configuration but you lose all the PRI calls if the connection between the
gateway and the CM it's registered to drops for some reason.

I suggest using the same protocol for all your gateways to reduce the
likelihood of problems with things like DTMF relay and faxes.