[cisco-voip] Analogue phones speed dial buttons

Louis Koekemoer (ZA) louis.koekemoer at dimensiondata.com
Tue Jun 4 03:10:52 EDT 2013

   Hi all,

I'm busy replacing a Nortel PABX with CUCM. Unfortunately half of the resort campus is remaining on analogue and we configured 90 x VG224's to cater for that. One of the building is a hotel which does not have the infrastructure currently to accommodate IP Phones. On the Nortel analogue phones currently in these rooms, they have 5 speed dial buttons. Once we move these phones to the VG 224, these buttons don't function any more. When you press the button it sounds like it is dialling, but I cannot see it on any debugs I'm running. We cannot really figure out on the Nortel how these buttons are configured either. Is there anyone that could maybe point me into some direction other than having to replace these phones with IP phones?

Kind regards

Louis Koekemoer
Principle Systems Engineer - Converged Communications
Dimension Data Middle East & Africa
Tel: +27 (11) 575 6560
Fax: +27 (11) 576 6560
Mobile: +27 (71) 680 8790
louis.koekemoer at dimensiondata.com
Planned Leave -
Planned Travel -

For more information about Dimension Data, please go to  www.dimensiondata.com<http://www.dimensiondata.com/>

P Before printing this email please think about the environment

"http://www.dimensiondata.com/emaildisclaimer"