[cisco-voip] enterprise DN being sent out off-net forward and SNR

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Wed Jun 5 13:57:43 EDT 2013

OK, I have an interesting situation, one that I'm hoping to remedy, because, well, I told people it couldn't be done. ;)

We have a HiCom PBX which is connected to CallManager via T1s. Because we don't have call detail records on the PBX, we configured each PBX phone to have a callerID (public No) of the extension, so when they place an off-campus phone call, CallManager records the public no. which is in fact, the extension in our case. The route pattern it hits then changes the mask to the campus 10 digit number. All works great!

However, when using off-net forwarding and single number reach, the 5 digit DN is now presented to the user's cell phone, I gather, because the public No. is being forwarded off.

We want to prevent this from happening for a number of reasons. First, I think to be a good PSTN citizen, calls should be marked with a PSTN number, not an extension. Secondly, I can't replicate this on the CallManager side as far as I can tell. I don't want to go down the path of trying to replicate this so we push out extension numbers out the PSTN for all phones.

What are people's thoughts?

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Data Centre and Communications Facilities
University of Guelph

519‐824‐4120 Ext 56354
lelio at uoguelph.ca
www.uoguelph.ca/ccs