[cisco-voip] VWIC2 and VWIC3 E1 PRI's on the same router?

Zoltan.Kelemen at Emerson.com Zoltan.Kelemen at Emerson.com
Thu Jun 13 07:31:32 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm almost certain this would work, but if someone has actual experience, would love your feedback:

We have some gateways with 2 VWIC3-2MFT-E1/T1 cards and plenty of PVDMs (PVDM3-256)
Now we want to upgrade to more PRI trunks and we have a lot of spare VWIC2-2MFT-E1/T1 cards available.

Will this work? Can VWIC3 and VWIC2 cards coexist in the same chassis, running off the same PVDM3 module?

Thanks,
Zoltan Kelemen
ETS & Information Security
Implementation Engineering