[cisco-voip] blackbox ethernet extender with Cisco phone

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Jun 18 11:13:24 EDT 2013

Has anyone used a blackbox ethernet extender with a Cisco phone? with or without a combination of data/voice trunking?

We're looking for a reasonable quick backup solution for when local infrastructure is not available. I'm hoping that we can stick a couple of these devices in our central PBX room and then use our copper plant to extend connectivity out to a remote area. Plop a phone on to the extender and it should work.

They have a POE version as well.

http://ca.blackbox.com/Store/Detail.aspx/Hardened-VDSL-Ethernet-Extender-with-PoE-4-Port/LBPS304A

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Data Centre and Communications Facilities
University of Guelph

519‐824‐4120 Ext 56354
lelio at uoguelph.ca
www.uoguelph.ca/ccs