[cisco-voip] dot1x err-disabling ports with phones

george.hendrix at l-3com.com george.hendrix at l-3com.com
Thu Jun 20 08:19:36 EDT 2013

The only thing I notice is that the phone mac address shows in both the data and voice vlan.  I thought the phone mac only showed in the data vlan for a short while until it comes up, and then is removed from data vlan mac table.

The PC/laptop is an authorized laptop connected to the PC port of the phone and the user could be authorized/authenticated for days.  Then suddenly, the switch does this scenario where it's trying to count both the phone and laptop mac addresses as data mac addresses, which then err-disables the port, since it's configured for single host mode.

-Bill