[cisco-voip] CUCM upgrade through PUT

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Jun 27 10:44:14 EDT 2013

> 2) will it affect license keys for the production CUCM? I mean will the license keys be rehosted or invalidated for current system etc. - any issues here?

There are no longer any node licenses for CUCM as of version 9.  You would simply point your lab publisher to your production ELM and it can share licenses with no issues.

There are specific demo/lab orders you can place but if you have the install media and spare licenses in ELM then I'd go ahead and build up the lab cluster without any worries.  I don't know what restrictions PUT may impose as far as the number of upgrades, etc.

-Ryan