[cisco-voip] Another NTP problem

James Dust james.dust at charles-stanley.co.uk
Fri Mar 22 12:47:25 EDT 2013

Afternoon all,

Our publisher appears to have an issue syncing NTP and I am getting the following error message:

SeverityMatch : Critical

MatchedEvent : Mar 22 16:42:05 CSCCMPUB user 2 ntpRunningStatus.sh: The local NTP client is off by more than the acceptable threshold of 3 seconds from its remote NTP system peer.  The normal remedy is for NTP Watch Dog to automatically restart NTP.  However, an unusual number of automatic NTP restarts have already occurred on this node.  No additional automatic NTP restarts will be done until NTP time synchronization stabilizes. This is likely due to an excessive number of VMware Virtual Machine migrations or Storage VMotions.  Please consult your VMware Infrastructure Support Team.

AppID : Cisco Syslog Agent

The publisher resides on UCS and sync's ntp with a switch on our network, the version is 8.6.2

Has anyone seen this before? According to the 'utils ntp status' command on the cli interface of the publisher the time is in sync.

James

Consider the environment - Think before you print

The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recipient and may not be disclosed. Although it is believed that this email and any attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient to confirm this.

You are advised that urgent, time-sensitive communications should not be sent by email. We hereby give you notice that a delivery receipt does not constitute acknowledgement or receipt by the intended recipient(s).

Details of Charles Stanley group companies and their regulators (where applicable), can be found at this URL http://www.charles-stanley.co.uk/contact-us/disclosure/