[cisco-voip] Calling Line ID presentation vs. Calling Party Transformation Patterns

Zoltan.Kelemen at Emerson.com Zoltan.Kelemen at Emerson.com
Mon Mar 25 09:35:37 EDT 2013

Hi,

CUCM 8.5 and MGCP controlled E1/ISDN PRI gateways, with multiple DID ranges, not all expanding with the same prefix
I.e.: 1XXX is 074111XXX, 2XXX is 074352XXX etc.

Also, we want to hide our CallerID on certain route patterns:
Ex. Route pattern: *0.00! / Calling LineID Presentation: Restricted / Calling Name Presentation: Restricted
This in itself seemed to work.

Then to accommodate the aforementioned multiple DID ranges, I have created Calling Party Transformation Patterns for each range
Then set up the proper Transformation CSS for calling numbers on the MGCP gateway.

Now the calling LineID/Name Presentation settings on the dial-peer are completely  ignored. Or rather not ignored - if I try some number transformations as well there, DNA shows they are applied, but by the time it hits the gateway, it just looks like the transformation Pattern was applied to the extension number, completely disregarding the calling number settings within the Route Pattern.

Any idea how I could reconcile both requests? (normally have proper callerID on variable DID ranges, but block callerID for certain route patterns)
Since it's MGCP, I can't even rely on voice translation-patterns on the gateways :(

Cheers,
Zoltan Kelemen
ETS & Information Security
Implementation Engineering