[cisco-voip] SCCP StopTone sent before call answered

Erick Wellnitz ewellnitzvoip at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 13:14:25 EDT 2013

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

I have a rather strange issue with ringback.

CUCM 8.0.3.20000-2
IOS 12.4(24)T4

I have a SIP trunk configured to my CUBE with several paterns pointing to
the trunk.  This CUBE points to another CUBE in the UK.  We route calls
from the US to the UK PSTN over the SIP trunk to the UK.  The calls connect
and I hear the remote party fine but there is silence until the remote end
answers.

I see in the traces that we receive the 180 Ringing message over the
trunk.  I also see the SCCP StartTone message is sent to the phone.  When
we get the SIP 183 Session Progress message I immediately see a SCCP
StopTone message.  I also see the SCCP StopTone message when the remote
party answers.  Has anyone seen anything like this before?